Cheesecake Factory’s White Chicken Chili
A few years ago Dave and I went to Cheesecake Factory and I had the best dish ever- their white chicken chili! I went home and decided I wanted to try and make it. I found the recipe and can honestly say the one I made tasted just like the one in the resturant. My friend Nana was living in Germany at the time and tried to make it. Hers didn’t turn out because she couldn’t find many of the ingredients. I will say there were a few ingreidents I couldn’t find, but I made a few substitutes. This is a perfect recipe for a cold day. It is a bit spicy, so, if you prefer a milder version, back off on the Chilis.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Canola Oil (1/2 cup)
Diced chicken breast (4 pounds)
Cumin (1 Tbl)
Chili Powder (1 Tbl)
Salt (1 Tbl)
Pepper (2 tsp)
Canola oil (2 oz)
Butter (2 oz)
Yellow onions 1⁄4 inch dice (12 oz)
Chopped garlic (2 Tbl)
Roasted chili 1⁄4 inch (2 oz)
Green chili 1⁄4 inch (1 oz)
Flour (3 oz)
Chicken Stock (8 cups)
Salsa verde (1/4 cup)
Chili garlic paste (1 Tbl)
Chipotle tobasco (1 Tbl)
Heavy cream (1 cup)
White beans (2 cups)
Pico de gallo (Garnish)
White Rice (Garnish)
Green onions (Garnish)
1. Heat canola oil in large sauté or braising pan.
2. Combine chicken and spices in mixing bowl.
3. Lightly brown the chicken cooking until about 3⁄4 done.
4. Remove chicken and set aside.
5. Heat additional oil and butter in pan.
6. Sauté onions until translucent.
7. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
8. Add the poblanos and green chilis.
9. Add the flour, stir to incorporate, and cook for 2 minutes.
10. Add the chicken stock a little at a time, and slowly whip out the lumps.
11. Add the salsa verde, chili garlic paste, and chipotle tabasco.
12. Allow to come back to a simmer and add the chicken back into the pan.
13. Simmer for 5 minutes and add the cream and white beans stir to incorporate.