Don’t Leave Money At The Table: How To Use The Target Cartwheel App
Today we have our sweet friend Jessica guest blogging about Target’s Cartwheel App. I will admit that I downloaded it and never figured out how to use it. I know that I am leaving LOTS of money at the table and vow to do better! Free MONEY is Free MONEY!!!
Cartwheel App explained
I love my cartwheel app for Target. I have literally saved $125.18 since I started using it in February 2014. Every time I’m shopping with friends and they tell me they “don’t get it” I go crazy!! It’s easy once you get the hang of it and it’s a great way to save money at our favorite place!! Below are a few tips for using the cartwheel app as well as other tips for saving money at Target.
After setting up your cartwheel app, DO NOT go through and try to select offers. This will overwhelm you and is only for the experienced cartwheel users. The best way to use the app for novice user is to scan everything you put in your cart. It sounds taxing but it really only takes a second. You can get the kids involved and let them guess if it’s on sale or not. To get to the scan button, click the menu at the top left hand and click on scan products (I use an iPhone so all directions will be based on the iPhone app).
A new feature (which I love) is that if it isn’t on sale on the app, it will suggest similar items that are. Almost always the Target items are listed for an additional 5% off, but sometimes your best savings will be on name brand products up to 50% off. For example, at Thanksgiving Target offered 1 toy deal a day a 50% off. I was able to snag 3 toys at 50% off. After you are done shopping, simply present your barcode at checkout. To access that you click on the menu and select my barcode.
Here are a few more ways I save money at Target:
1. Get a Target RedCard. You automatically save 5% at checkout on everything. (They are available as a credit or debit card. I recommend getting the debit option!)
2. Subscribe to Target Coupons. Text coupons to 827438 and you will be sent a message every on how to subscribe. Every month you are sent a new set of mobile coupons. All you have to do is click on the text message to access the barcode at checkout.
3. In store deals. Often, you will see coupons you can access in store via text. For example you are shopping for pillows and you see a sign that says “text home to 827438 to save $10 off of a $35 or more purchase of select home items”. Once again, at checkout show them the barcode you received from the text to watch the saving add up!
4. Print out coupons from coupons.target.com. I don’t do this because I just don’t feel I have the time to print coupons, but it’s an easy way to save some extra money.
5. Use the coupons they give you with your receipt. Most of the time these coupons will be based on YOUR interests and purchases so take advantage of it. Buy a coupon organizer from the dollar store and keep them handy for the next time you shop there.
My question for you, who hearts Target as much as I do?