Good Go To Dessert
This VERY DELICIOUS dessert recipe is an easy “go to” when you need something easy to bring to someone’s house or make for yourself.
2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened 1 1/2 cups sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla 1/2 cup butter, melted 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 350 Degrees
2. Unroll 1 can dough. Place in bottom of ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Stretch to cover bottom of dish, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
3. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 cup of the sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Spread over dough in baking dish.
4. Unroll second can of dough. Carefully place on top of cream cheese layer. Pinch seams together.
5. Pour melted butter evenly over top. Mix remaining 1/2 cup sugar with the cinnamon, and sprinkle evenly over butter.
6. Bake about 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool slightly, about 20 minutes. Refrigerate for easy cutting. Cover and refrigerate any remaining bars.
For a more authentic sopapilla flavor, top with honey. These need to be stored in the refrigerator, but are best served warm. Heat bars in microwave uncovered 5 to 10 seconds to rewarm.