Quick house updates!!!!
Do you feel your house needs a little “sprucing up?”
Many of us feel that our house needs to be tweaked a little. You may be pretty pleased with the look of your house décor but want to change it up a bit. There are a few things that are very cheap that can dramatically change the look of a room.
1. A SPLASH of paint! Paint it fairly cheap and can dramatically change the look of a room.
2. Throw pillows: Throw pillows help accent a room and can turn couch from dull to exciting. There are several places with affordable throw pillows. My favorites are: Target, Home Goods, Marshalls, and Garden Ridge (now called At Home)
3. Vases: Find a nice vase and put some nice fake flowers in it. The taller the vase the more dramatic the look. Hobby Lobby is a great place to find fake flowers on a budget.
4. A rug: A rug can make a dramatic statement in a room. My rug is from Target. At Home, Marshalls, and Home Goods are great places to find cheap and cute rugs.
The other day, I wanted to revamp my living room. I wanted to change the reds and browns to blues and grays. I did three easy things to change the room.
1. I changed the vases by the fireplace from red to light blue vases. I found the vases and flowers at Pier One.
2. I changed my red throw pillows on my couch to blue ones that I purchased At Home.
3. I changed out my red flower picture on the wall with a gray globe picture purchased At Home.
I am very happy with the room and feel it is more updated. The changes were very simple to make.
For some color in my kitchen, I painted it gray.
I was taking pictures and my son was trying on an outfit. I have to include him since he is my sweetheart!
So my question for you is this: Who is ready to update their rooms?