Would You Rather Go in the Past and Meet Your Relatives or the Futureand Meet Your Great-Great Grand
We just want to say we are so very grateful to everyone who reads our blog and guest blogs! We are having a blast writing about a wide variety of topics. We would love for you to subscribe to our blog and would love for you to share your answers to the questions at the bottom if you want to!
Today’s post is inspired by one of our favorite road trip past times- the Game of Questions. You don’t have to be in the car to play this game. Everyone likes sharing their opinions and answering fun questions. When I was a teacher and we had down time, I would sometimes put my class in a circle and we would play this game. The game of questions can be played on a date, at home with your kids, or with friends on a weekend getaway. Sometimes when we feel that our kids have been on their ELECTRONICS too much, we all unplug and play this game.
I told Christa that I wanted to write this post and show how easy it is to come up with questions. I told her to come up with 20 random questions for me to answer, and I would come up with 20 questions for her to answer. Here is what we came up with.
My questions to Christa and her answers:
1. Would you rather crash with friends or stay in a hotel?
Crash with friends
2. Would you rather spend 10 days on an island in Hawaii or 10 days on a cruise through Alaska?
10 days on a cruise through Alaska because I love cruises
3. Which 5 living celebrities would you want to invite to a dinner party? Pope Francis, Ellen, Blake Shelton, Bobby Flay, and Rachel Ray
4. If money was no object, what would you do all day? Get head, neck, back, and feet massages
5. Where do you most want to travel, but have never been?
6. Would you rather win the lottery or find your perfect job? Win the lottery
7. If you had to go back to school, what would you study? Law
8. What is the one thing that should be taught in school that isn’t already? Manners/ etiquette/ character building
9. What words or phrases do you overuse? Like
10. What is your favorite saying? They are coo coo for co co puffs
11. What is your favorite tangible item?
12. What do you like and dislike most about your appearance?
Like my lips Dislike my thighs
13. What is your favorite lunch meat?
Rare roast beef
14. If given the chance, would you go into outer space? Nope
15. What is one of your pet peeves?
People who are not nice
16. Write what you think your Facebook status update will be in the year 2025.
thankful for my husband and kids….
17. If you could only shop at one clothing store for the rest of your life, where would it be?
18. What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
When I fly on an airplane.. I think several times “What if this plane exploded right now or starts to crash right now?”. I hate to fly and am very scared to fly. Sometimes I plan my vacations around this fear.
19. What is a movie that everyone seems to like, but you don’t?
20. Have you ever met a celebrity? If so, who?
My father in law’s cousin by marriage is Johnny Lujack, the Heisman Trophy Winner for the University of Noter Dame.
Where did I find my questions?
I found them from different google searches and a few I just came up with on my own. There are lots of fun books you can buy that have hundreds or thousands of questions. I always like playing the WOULD YOU RATHER GAME.
Dave and I have a New Years Goal of making more time to go on dates with each other. It is my turn to plan our next date so I am going to come up with a list of fun questions to ask each other to make things interesting. This should be fun and will keep us from going to the forbidden date conversation topics- kids, money, job.
Here are Christa’s questions for me and my answers:
1. You have a dinner party and get to invite 8 people (dead or alive). Who do you invite? Jesus, Drew Brees, Adam Lavine, Pope Francis, Gail King, Jim Gaffigan, Princess Diana, Malcolm Gladwell
2. What is your most embarrassing moment?
I am sure I have passed gas one or twice while teaching in the front of a classroom.
3. What are you most proud of?
Besides my family, earning two Masters Degrees
4. What age do you dread turning?
5. What is your dream vacation?
Very long European/Asian cruise.
6. Fancy restaurant or pjs and pizza?
7. You win $50,000, how do you spend it?
Go on a family vacation, buy new clothes for me and the girls (Dave is good on clothes), donate some to charity, and save the rest.
8. What is your favorite desert?
Chocolate molten cake with vanilla ice cream.
9. What habit about you most annoys your husband?
He takes forever in the bathroom!
10. Person living today you admire the most?
Dave and Brad- for putting up with us! Seriously both of them because they both are so very kind, are hard workers and great husbands and fathers.
11. Chore around the house you dread most?
Putting away dishes and laundry
12. Dream job?
Own a cool venue where people of all ages can craft- do Pinterest projects, drink wine, have a fun date
13. Where do you pick your boogers?
In the bathroom and in other rooms in my house if nobody is with me.
14. Do you like to sing in the shower?
No…that probably makes me weird. I take the quickest showers- am in and out fast!
15. What do you think the most useless class in high school is?
For me- geometry or physics, my brain just isn’t wired to understand spacial concepts.
16. Are you usually late, early, or on time?
17. Have you learned anything new today?
Yes, sometimes people who always do the right thing prevail.
18. Should you have kids young or older?
Older- but not too old. Minimum age-25, maximum 40.
19. Who is your favorite Saint?
Catholic or New Orleans? Catholic- St. Anthony, Patron Saint of lost items. New Orleans- Drew Brees
20. The most romantic thing your husband has done for you.
Surprise me at the end of a school day, propose, and whisk me to Portland, Oregon a few hours later to celebrate. He remembered months before me saying I always wanted to go there.
So here you go, a fun idea to get everyone unplugged and talking. If any of you try this in the near future, we will love for you to share how it went!
We will leave you with a few ready made questions! 1. Would you rather no one show up to your wedding or funeral? 2. McDonalds or Burger King? 3. Would you rather be famous or be the best friend of someone famous? 4. Who is the most overrated athlete? 5. Would you rather have more time or money? 6. Would you rather be the smartest person or the hottest person? 7. Would you rather be a lawyer or doctor? 8. Would you rather a rewind button in your life or a pause button? 9. Would you rather go deaf in one ear or only be able to use the internet one hour per week? 10. Would you rather always be underdressed or overdressed?